Christmas, the time to spread cheer, love, goodwill and happiness is here. There is something about this festival that makes even the most dull and dreary person aka Mr Scrooge turn into a Santa Claus and get into the festive spirit. The red and green decorations everywhere, the twinkling fairy lights, heady aroma of Christmas cakes, beautifully decorated Xmas trees all around make it a time to cherish and remember.
It is also the time to do lots of Christmas crafts and create decorations, gifts, cards etc. which will make this festival even more special. As we settle down after a hectic wedding in the family to start with our Christmas celebrations I have been looking at ideas that are Do-it-yourself and easy on the budget. We bring to you 30 awesome Christmas Decoration ideas that will turn this into the perfect Christmas ever.
30 DIY & HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS DECORATION IDEAS
We have been using an artificial tree for the past three years because it is environment friendly and cost-effective. Although the traditional pine or fir tree is the first choice for a lot of people , more and more Eco-Christmas lovers are going for alternative trees. Fabric, felt, ribbons, buttons and even twigs make up for gorgeous looking trees. All you need is a little imagination and lots of Christmas spirit. Here are a few gorgeous designs I found off Pinterest.
- Button tree from Country Life Experiment
- DIY Driftwood Tree from The Space Between Blog
- Whimsical paper trees from My Simple Home Life
- String decorated trees from Get Creative Juice
- DIY Foam Tree from Studio DIY
- Washi Tape Tree from All Washi Tape
Once your tree is up you have got to think about the ornaments that will decorate your tree. No worries! We have got you covered with these simple and gorgeous homemade Christmas ornaments.
- Washi tape Christmas tree ornament from Modpodgerocks
- Popsicle Stick ornaments from Artificial Trees
- DIY Angel ornament from Red Ted Art
- Paper Clip Angel from Frugal Upstate
- Rustic snowflakes from Little Things bring Smiles
- Glitter covered toys from Kids Activities Blog
- Handmade Christmas Gifts
Christmas is a season to share love and gifts with your loved ones. What would be more wonderful than to make homemade gifts for your near and dear ones on Christmas. Here are a few handmade gift ideas I found off the internet.
Cookie Mix in a Jar from Make it Do
- Homemade Sugar Scrub from Maybe Matilda
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn from Cooking with my kid
- Homemade Glittery Playdoh from Tradewindtiaras
- Photo blocks from favecrafts
- Handmade Bath salts from ZestdigitalMag
Cards with holiday messages and wishes are a great way to let your relatives and friends know that you are thinking of them this festive season. Make your own Christmas with these easy to do and mostly using recycled material Handmade Christmas Card ideas.
- Paper Scrap Card from Scrapbooks etc
- Paper Clip Christmas Cards from Paper Plate and plane
- Paper circle punches card from Curbly
- Scrap paper gift boxes card from My Paper Secret
- Thumbprint Card from Flickr
- Button Christmas Card from Michelle Phillipi
Other Christmas Crafts
There are many more Christmas decor elements that complete the yuletide cheer in a house like wreaths, centerpieces, candles, gift papers etc. So these DIY ideas for Christmas crafts will help you enhance your xmas decor.
- Pretty Christmas centerpiece from Love Sparkle Pretty
- Newspaper gift paper with single letter tag from Make Create Do
- Christmas Star for your home from Vosgeparis
- Homemade gift tags from Warm hot chocolate
- Popsicle Stick Christmas Wreath from The Diary of Dave’s Wife
- Glitter Candles from Lesson learnt journal
I had a lot of fun compiling these Christmas Decoration ideas, if you want some more, then check out easy and budget-friendly Christmas decorations’ post. I hope to share our creations on the blog soon and also would love to see and share what you guys are doing for this Christmas.