Parenting tips, product reviews, decor ideas, kids activities and more
They say “A mom’s work is never done”. I say “forget it and enjoy the journey”.
Hi! I am a Work-At -Home Mom to an angel called Qian Yi who is surprisingly devilish in her ways, keeps our household on toes and inadvertently teaches me the true meaning of life every single day. I am a true introvert who likes nothing more than staying at home and snuggle with a good book (nowadays on kindle). I married my high school sweetheart and we have been together for 16 years now ( 9 years of dating and 7 years of married bliss).
I am a Science graduate, an MBA in Marketing and I have worked for 6 years in a research position in the corporate world. I became mom to Sam in 2009 and quit my job to savor motherhood. When Sam turned two, I was getting itchy to create a new identity. Since writing has always been a passion and I loved the US mom blogs I had been reading for a while, I decided to start my own blog.
TheMomViews.com is for every woman who is striving to be the best mother she can be for her little ones and rediscovering her own identity in the process.
This blog chronicles parenting tips, product reviews, fun activities for kids, birthday party, decor ideas and interesting tidbits for parents. From a fledgling blog it has now become a work-from-home career for me. I have been given opportunities to work with some great brands and picked up a few awards on the way ( including India’s best Parenting blog award by Indiblogger). Even better has been the experience of connecting with thousands of mothers to form a like minded community.
Who is this site for
Anyone who wants to live a simple yet joyful life. I don’t blog about the latest trends in fashion and beauty but I will speak about how a mom can take 5 minutes for herself. I don’t believe in preaching about the benefits of phonics or mental maths, but I will talk about how you can help the dreamer in your child. You won’t find recipes for baby weaning or tips to make a child fair but you will read about why you should teach your child the importance of forgiveness.
In short, this is not your average parenting website but a real mom’s real experiences. There is nothing cookie cutter about this and we are proud to be different.
If you are new here I urge you to sign upto our newsletter. And if you want to dip your feet into some of our best posts, here they are:
- Teach your kids the attitude of gratitude
- Why Motherhood never gets easier
- Renovating your house on a budget
- How to organize spices in your kitchen
- 40 birthday party activities and games for kids of all ages
- I hope you join me in my journey of parenthood and share your suggestions and experiences along the way.
14 Random Facts about me
- I am a woman of simple but good taste. I don’t like wearing jewelry (my wedding ring is the only exception).
- I declutter my clothes almost monthly and there’s nothing I hate more than a cluttered wardrobe.
- I am a GOOGLE ninja. I built this blog entirely on my own using google to find tutorials.
- I want to write a book. Soon!
- I don’t like to cook. Don’t get me wrong, I am a good cook but I hate the monotony of everyday cooking.
- I cry when I see emotional movies, songs or even an advertisement. Yes, I cry a lot.
- I have used TV as a babysitter( many times). Don’t judge!
- My favorite color is Purple. There I said it!
- I love watching television. My all-time favorite show is Friends.
- My husband is Hindu Punjabi and I am a Keralite Catholic. We are not very religious but celebrate all festivals.
- I want to live on an island someday.
- I have more books than clothes and I am reading three at any given point of time.
- The only people I hate are liars. I don’t judge life choices as long as you are honest about them.
- Although I am not religious, I am deeply spiritual. I believe that you live what you think.