When I first read about 5 minute Chocolate mug cakes, I didn’t think it was possible to have a tasty Chocolate cake in five minutes. The food blog world was going gaga about these Mug cakes and in fact one blogger dubbed it as the most dangerous cake in the world because it can literally be ready in just five minutes. A cake any time it strikes your fancy, that sure is dangerous for your waistline.
Yesterday night when chocolate craving set in, I decided to test this 5 minute Mug cake and if it went well then it could also be great for occasional desserts after food. (I have mentioned about my family’s sweet tooth haven’t I?)
So I made this Eggless Chocolate cake in a mug and I have to confess not even in my wildest dreams I ever thought that this easy chocolate cake would be as delicious as it turned out to be. There is absolutely no mess because the entire mixing takes place in a single mug and takes exactly five minutes from start to finish. I couldn’t resist sharing this chocolate cake recipe with all my lovely readers. Enjoy!!
5 Minute Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
(Adapted from What’s Cooking Mom)
Preparation Time : 3 Minutes
Cooking Time: 2 Minutes
2 tbsp Flour (Maida)
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Cocoa
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
A Pinch of Salt
1 Tbsp Fresh Cream or Oil ( I used Fresh Cream)
1 Tbsp Milk
Strawberry Jam (Optional)
Drinking Chocolate or Powdered Sugar (Optional)
- Use a Microwave Safe Mug. The Mug should be able to hold at least 250 ml otherwise the cake will spill over.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in the mug. Now add the cream and Milk to the Mug.
- Mix well till there are no lumps and no flour is sticking to the bottom of the mug.
- Now keep the Mug inside the microwave and cook the cake on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes check if a fork inserted in the cake comes out clean. If not, keep the cake for another 30 seconds.
- If you add an egg to the mixture then the cake will be a bit more light and airy.
- If you want to decorate the cake just sprinkle a bit of drinking chocolate or Powdered sugar and use strawberry jam as a topping.
The cake is absolutely delicious and will definitely satisfy your chocolate cravings.
You can also use nuts or fresh fruits to add to the flavor some more.
If you are making more than one Mug cake then add only one mug at a time to the microwave.
Do make this 5 Minute wonder and share with me if you liked the cake